Menubar

17.1.12

Golden Politicians of Maharashtra

Samrat Moze MLA
Following in the footsteps of the late Maharashtra Navnirman Sena MLA from Khadakwasala, Ramesh Wanjale, yet another goldman is trying his luck at the forthcoming civic body elections. 
 
Nationalist Congress Party's (NCP) Samrat Moze (30), who is hoping to contest from Panel 14 in Shivajinagar, has gained recognition for sporting gold ornaments weighing 8.5 kg that cost over Rs. 2.37 crore. Before the code of conduct was enforced, in his bid to attract voters', Moze had put up massive banners across the city with his bling bling on.

When questioned whether the late MNS MLA inspired him, Moze said, "My fascination for gold dates back to my childhood days. My father would gift me gold chains when I was a school kid and I would wear them with pride."
Samrat's Facebook Wall
Social work
Apart from being a rich farmer's son, Moze is also a tourist bus operator at Shivajinagar. Commenting on his work after he entered active politics a decade ago, Moze stated that so far, he has organised health workshops for women, blood donation camps and has ferried nearly 5,000 pilgrims to religious places such as Akkalkot, Tuljapur and Pandharpur. "I'm sure that the party high command will appreciate my work and allow me to contest for the elections on my merit."
8.5 kgThe quantity of gold worn by Samrat Moze



Maharashtra Navnirman Sena's Golden past
Late Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) MLA, Ramesh Wanjale, who died on June 10, 2011, after suffering a heart attack, was famous for wearing gold ornaments weighing two kilograms, worth Rs. 55.80 lakh.
Late Ramesh Wanjale
Late Ramesh Wanjale's Facebook Wall







0 comments:

Post a Comment